Singapore Personal Data
Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
- Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) ensures a data protection law which comprises of rules that govern the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data in Singapore.
It recognizes the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate purposes. The PDPA covers personal data stored in electronic and non-electronic forms. Apart from imposing a general data protection regime, the Act also regulates telemarketing practices.
Klassify can help:
- Discover and classify Personally Identifiable Information (PII) stored in documents and emails across an enterprise
- Label sensitive data for special handling
- Warn users about sensitive data leaving the organisation
- Generate event logs for each and every activity performed on sensitive data